Re: [XP] What types of organisations adopt agile approaches to software development?

  • J. B. Rainsberger
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 1, 2008
      On May 29, 2008, at 13:59 , Ant Grinyer wrote:
      > Having worked in software development for over 15 years in many
      > organisations using different development methodologies such as
      > waterfall, RUP, SCRUM and XP, I'm still not sure if there is a
      > specific `type' of organisation that is more likely to adopt
      > agile approaches than others?

      I can interpret your question at least two ways, and I'd like to know
      what you meant when you asked it.

      One interpretation, "Is there a specific type of organization more
      likely to attempt to adopt agile approaches?"

      Another: "Is there a specific type of organization more likely to reap
      benefit (by their measure) from agile approaches?"

      I don't want to look for a third interpretation. :)
      ----
      Your guide to software craftsmanship
      2005 Gordon Pask Award for contributions to Agile Software Practice