Re: WeVouchFor (was Re: [XP] Community Certified Agile Practitioner (CCPA))

    Message 1 of 102 , May 30, 2008
      Hello, Laurent. On Wednesday, May 28, 2008, at 10:32:13 AM, you
      wrote:

      > There is of course a risk that people using the site will disregard
      > this principle, and certify others based on hearsay or even self-
      > interest. It is part of the challenge to design mechanisms, primarily
      > social but also technical, that will counteract this tendency.

      I'm troubled already by a spate of vouchers stating that Joe Smith
      is capable in skill Mumble because I, Suzy Brown, taught him in my
      course. I'm troubled for two reasons:

      First, taking a course doesn't qualify people for much. That is the
      issue that some of us have with the CSM, for example.

      Second, it seems to me to be rather blatantly self-promoting on the
      part of Suzy.

      I could be wrong. But I am troubled.

      Speak the affirmative; emphasize your choice
      by utterly ignoring all that you reject. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson
    • J. B. Rainsberger
      Message 102 of 102 , Jun 2, 2008
        On Jun 1, 2008, at 22:35 , Amanda Abelove wrote:
        > Like oDesk?

        I didn't know about oDesk until eight seconds ago when I googled it
        for the first time. Interesting. I've been using elance.com. I have
        signed up at oDesk in case I want to try it out sometime. Thanks for
        the tip.
        ----
        Your guide to software craftsmanship
        2005 Gordon Pask Award for contributions to Agile Software Practice