Re: [XP] Note from the Composite Team

  • J. B. Rainsberger
    Message 1 of 27 , May 30, 2008
      On May 20, 2008, at 09:20 , David H. wrote:

      > On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 3:16 PM, Wilson, Michael <michael.wilson@...
      > > wrote:
      > >
      > > I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, has generally been
      > > looked upon as 'not the right answer' in general, and perhaps it's
      > not
      > > one that fosters "useful discussion."
      > >
      > > But CP has outlived his usefulness. Get rid of him. Really.
      > >
      > I concur. There comes a point in time where the amount of damage that
      > is being caused to the system (as in the team) and the people involved
      > outweighs the usefulness of such a person. I am all for coaching and
      > finding a common perception, but when it is economically no longer
      > viable you cut the cancer out rather than treating it organically.

      Since I don't know CP, but understand the CP is really a bunch of
      people, could we move them to their own team(s) (how many of them are
      there?), give them responsibilities, agree on how to measure their
      results, then just let them do whatever makes sense to them? I'm
      talking about whether you think it would work, and not whether the
      company would give you permission. If we did that, then what do you
      think might happen?

      Take care.
      ----
      Your guide to software craftsmanship
      2005 Gordon Pask Award for contributions to Agile Software Practice