Re: [XP] Note from the Composite Team -- not sick of CT

  • Ilja Preuss
    Message 1 of 5 , May 25, 2008
      D. André Dhondt wrote:
      > Yet since my team also
      > reads this list, I can't reveal any identifying details. I suspect many of
      > us are in this same position--where it's difficult to share our problems
      > from our own perspective in such a public forum without hurting our
      > teammates

      Yes, sometimes that can be difficult.

      I was going to tell a little bit of what I find to be most effective,
      and then I found this link which sums it up nicely:
      http://www.wright.edu/~scott.williams/LeaderLetter/communicating.htm#The

      And that's not always easy. But it's worth the effort.

      Another thing that helps is always keeping the Retrospective Prime
      Directive in mind:
      http://www.retrospectives.com/pages/retroPrimeDirective.html

      > There's only so much we can get to in our
      > weekly retrospectives, and only so much we can figure out on ourselves.

      I'm not sure I'm following you here - can you please elaborate?

      > I'd
      > like to work with a larger group to identify how to solve these problems,
      > but wouldn't know how to without using a "composite person" to protect my
      > teammates.

      What do they need to be protected from?

      Curious, Ilja