[Dúvida]Xp e OO

  • Amanda Kee
    Message 1 of 11 , May 13 6:59 AM
      *Bom dia amigos.
      Estou fazendo uma monografia sobre gerenciamento de projetos com XP e me
      ocorreu uma dúvida...

      Li em vários lugares que o XP foi criado para o desenvolvimento em
      linguagens orientadas a objetos (OO).

      Mas ele só foi criado com este propósito né? Se eu quiser utilizar o XP com
      outro tipo de paradigma eu posso?

      Obrigada a todos desde já.*

      --
      att.
      Amanda Kee - Tecnologia da Informação

      (°v°) Linux User: #467922
      /(_)\ Distro: Ubuntu
      ^ ^ User since 03/16/2008 :)

      Be Free... Be Linux! :)
      "Quem pensa por si mesmo é livre e ser livre é coisa muito séria." - Legião
      Urbana (L'Aventura)

    • Victor
      Message 2 of 11 , May 13 8:36 AM
        Dear Amanda,

        Are you familiar with the concept of self-similarity? It's related to the fact that phenomena has some quantifiable characteristic at different scales that can be used to determine the uniqueness of the phenomena. This is a valuable mathematical tool related to fractals.

        I see this in your message. At one scale, you write in Portuguese, which works. You got one response, mine; and maybe others. However, you may have gotten more and richer responses if you would have written in English.

        > Mas ele só foi criado com este propósito [OO] né? Se eu quiser utilizar o XP com
        outro tipo de paradigma eu posso?

        Now going to the scale of your question: Yes, you could, but it would be much harder, and I doubt it would be practical.

        Víctor

        Message 3 of 11 , May 13 9:07 AM
          *Oh...
          Sorry... I confused the emails of groups.
          I participate of various groups of extreme programming and I did
          confusion...
          I wanted to send for one of the groups of my country (Brazil)

          Really really sorry...
          I don´t know write in english very well (this is the reason for which I
          never send messages for this group). I can read english, but write and speak
          I can´t... :P

          Thanks for the answer Victor.

          I don't know if I understand the first part of your message...

          Sorry for the drawback...

          (If you can't understood, please tell me and so I will try to be clearer.)*

        • Osias Jota
          Message 4 of 11 , May 13 9:35 AM
            Hi, Amanda.

            One thing I had seen in all XP groups is: Most tools are for OO. Like
            NHibernate, XUnit and that things.

            On 5/13/08, Amanda Kee <amandinhakee@...> wrote:

            > *Oh...
            > Sorry... I confused the emails of groups.
            > I participate of various groups of extreme programming and I did
            > confusion...
            > I wanted to send for one of the groups of my country (Brazil)
            >
            > Really really sorry...
            > I don´t know write in english very well (this is the reason for which I
            > never send messages for this group). I can read english, but write and
            > speak
            > I can´t... :P
            >
            > Thanks for the answer Victor.
            >
            > I don't know if I understand the first part of your message...
            >
            > Sorry for the drawback...
            >
            > (If you can't understood, please tell me and so I will try to be
            > clearer.)*
            >
            > 2008/5/13 Victor <vmgoldberg@...<https://mail.google.com/mail?view=cm&tf=0&ui=1&to=vmgoldberg%40verizon.net>
            > >:
            >

            > > Dear Amanda,
            > >
            > > Are you familiar with the concept of self-similarity? It's related to
            > the
            > > fact that phenomena has some quantifiable characteristic at different
            > scales
            > > that can be used to determine the uniqueness of the phenomena. This is a
            > > valuable mathematical tool related to fractals.
            > >
            > > I see this in your message. At one scale, you write in Portuguese, which
            > > works. You got one response, mine; and maybe others. However, you may
            > have
            > > gotten more and richer responses if you would have written in English.
            > >
            > > > Mas ele só foi criado com este propósito [OO] né? Se eu quiser
            > utilizar
            > > o XP com
            > >
            > > outro tipo de paradigma eu posso?
            > >
            > > Now going to the scale of your question: Yes, you could, but it would be
            > > much harder, and I doubt it would be practical.
            > >
            > > Víctor

          • Ilja Preuss
            Message 5 of 11 , May 13 11:08 AM
              For what it's worth, I had no trouble at all understanding the English
              part of your mail. :)

              Cheers, Ilja

            • Amanda Kee
              Message 6 of 11 , May 13 11:33 AM
                *Well... This is a good idea Victor!
                Talk in the phone in english certainly will help me to learn more english...

                But this is completely impracticable right now...
                I'm on my work and I don´t have permission for this here...

                I can do this in my home.
                But I'm with problems with the internet there, and for now, I just have
                internet access here.

                In some weeks the problem will be resolved and so, you can be sure that I
                will call you. :-)

                It will be a great opportunity to me... both with the English, as with XP...
                :D

                Ilja: Do you had no trouble to understood the english part of MY email?

                well... if was this... hihihi... had some things, that I ask for help to a
                online translator... :P
                I'm just fighting with weapons that I have... lol...

                But thanks... this is a incentive to me. :)
                This mean that I'm not so bad...

                I thank you both. :)
                *

                Message 7 of 11 , May 13 12:46 PM
                  Hi Amanda,

                  This is an international group, but mostly with people from the USA.
                  As a group, people are very accepting of language issues. Additionally, I have noted that with not too many exceptions, USA people are very welcoming, open minded, and respectful of others. So, you are welcome here, even with your imperfect English. That's ok. Look at this as an opportunity to improve it. :-)

                  Víctor

                  Message 8 of 11 , May 13 1:07 PM
                    *That's the reason for why I came here.

                    Even not writing very well, I read and understand most of the discussions
                    and doubts that the people sends. So I can learn very much with them...

                    And thanks...

                    Good to know that I'm welcoming here. I feel exactly this... Even seending
                    message in portuguese I receive an answer.

                    Thanks so much for the hospitality. :)

                    And Thanks to help me to improve my english.*

                    Message 9 of 11 , May 13 1:13 PM
                      Amanda Kee wrote:

                      > Ilja: Do you had no trouble to understood the english part of MY email?

                      No. :)

                      > well... if was this... hihihi... had some things, that I ask for help to a
                      > online translator... :P
                      > I'm just fighting with weapons that I have... lol...

                      In fact, I'm doing exactly the same (German is my first language). I
                      need it less and less, but I still need it from time to time.

                      Cheers, Ilja
                    • Amanda Kee
                      Message 10 of 11 , May 13 1:31 PM
                        *Oh!!! This is so nice!! :)

                        My dream is know the Germany! I appreciate so much your coutry!

                        And this is truth... We need each time less our languages... And each time
                        more english...

                        That is a great opportunity to train and learn other languages...
                        Its a solution good and cheap!

                        **:)*

                        --
                        att.
                        Amanda Kee - Tecnologia da Informação

                        (°v°) Linux User: #467922
                        /(_)\ Distro: Ubuntu
                        ^ ^ User since 03/16/2008 :)

                        Be Free... Be Linux! :)
                        "Quem pensa por si mesmo é livre e ser livre é coisa muito séria." - Legião
                        Urbana (L'Aventura)

                      • davenicolette
                        Message 11 of 11 , May 13 2:27 PM
                          Oi Amanda,

                          O prática "refactoring" generalmente presume OO, contudo o XP não
                          depende de ele. Sustenaça˜o por ferramentas está melhor para OO.
                          Estará um apresentação em Agile 2008 cerca o XP com "functional
                          programming". Vem e ver! http://submissions.agile2008.org/node/3471 e
                          http://www.agile2008.org/stage-francais.html.

                          I hope that means...

                          Refactoring generally assumes OO, but XP doesn't depend on it. Tool
                          support is best for OO. There will be a presentation at Agile 2008 on
                          XP with functional programming. Come and see!
                          http://submissions.agile2008.org/node/3471 and
                          http://www.agile2008.org/stage-francais.html.

                          --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "Amanda Kee"