Remote clients

  • gwynatdezyne
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2008
      Hi -

      Another issue that's come up recently for us is remote product owners.
      It's not always possible for our team to work on the customer site.
      When we want to check a finished story, or sketch out some
      possibilities during an iteration, we need some kind of shared
      whiteboard/screen-sharing.

      Minimum setup is important since the clients are usually non-technical.

      We've used Acrobat Connect (mostly works but scary-expensive at
      $750/month) and a couple of others, but the only software we've found
      so far that we like is iChat - to the point where we've designated a
      Macbook as "The Phone", set it up with iChat, and dropped it into the
      client site. This also implicitly designates the product owner -
      they're the Person who has the Phone.

      iChat's video resolution isn't *quite* good enough to use a real
      whiteboard, but screen-sharing Omnigraffle works okay.

      Anyone else have any experience with this?

      Gwyn.