Re: [XP] EverydayAgile

  • Marta Gonzalez Ferrero
    Message 1 of 3 , May 11, 2008
      I agree with Chris, I have seen the same in companies I have worked for,
      specially the last group. I know teams that see the benefit of Agile, but
      don't see the need to change because they are performing well already (even
      if it's not exactly accurate). It's not because they don't get it, but
      because they're absolutely sure that the change doesn't have any value for
      them (and in some cases this is probably true). However, often these teams
      have issues they are not aware of, or just ignoring (just because you hit
      the deadline doesn't mean it has not been a painful journey). Transitioning
      to Agile is really difficult to explain for them, because what's needed is
      not just to explain what the benefits of adopting an Agile approach are
      (which most of them already have heard of). It's also necessary to help them
      realise that they do have issues, and that dealing with them effectively
      would be a benefit for the team (which, of course, often makes the person
      unpopular for those who prefer the ostrich strategy!)

      Cheers,

      Marta