Re: [XP] Survey [MSc Dissertation]

  • Cÿffffe9lio Jÿfffffanior
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 28, 2008
      Hi Donald

      That answer is one data in my research. I'm triyng to see how hou agile and assessment models (CMMI, ISO...) see each other in industry. So i did 3 points of view:

      1 - How CMMI organizations are adopting agile in their process?
      ( I found a large number of examples)
      2 - How organizations using Agile and Assessement models in diferent
      process and the it direction
      ( I found one example and the organization choose Agile)
      3 - How agile organizations are interested in CMMI certification.
      (The survey that i propose is for that question, and from this result i'll start a deeper research)

      I want to show that "CMMI" organizations have more interest in being agile than agile becoming CMMI Level 2 for example.

      So to do that i'm just want that people which works in one agile organization answer me if the had interest or not in becoming CMMI certification. Even the literacy (Boehm and Turner) providing one point of view about that, i want to snow the general interest of "agile industry"

      For me one answer like that:

      I work in "Name of enterprise" and the company works using "Agile method" and (Does/Does not) interesting in becoming CMMI certification.

      Is sufficient, but if the people want to explain or provide some points of view i'll be very grateful.

      Best Regards

      Célio Santana

      "donald.buresh" <donald.buresh@...> escreveu: You will need to create a questionnaire. Please be sure to formulate
      your questions carefully. I suggest that you read books on building
      surveys.

      Also, it may turn out that there is no intersction between CMMI
      certifications and agile methodologies. One way to find out the
      extent of the intersection is go to ProQuest and look for somne PhD
      dissertations and some published papers.

      These are my thoughts.

      Donald L. Buresh

      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Gordon"
      <sgordonphd@...> wrote:

      > On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 1:02 AM, Phlip <phlip2005@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Cÿffffe9lio Jÿfffffanior wrote:
      > >
      > > > I'm MSc candidate and i´m writting my dissertation about Agile
      Software
      > > Development and i need som help.
      > > >
      > > > I want to measure the interest of CMMI certitifications in
      Agile Software
      > > Houses. I know this interest is minimal,
      > >
      > > Actually it totally is not minimal. XP satisfies all the in-team
      KPAs for