Re: [XP] The $2.10 Game

  • John Carter
    Message 1 of 165 , Mar 30, 2008
      On Thu, 27 Mar 2008, Dale Emery wrote:

      > Here is the first question:
      >
      > 1. How much money would you pay me to play the game?
      >
      > I'll ask the other questions in subsequent posts.

      Sorry, for time expended reading this post....

      ..you owe me.

      Minimal "hassle" fee to make it worth transferring a single money
      transaction across the 'net is probably around $200.

      John Carter Phone : (64)(3) 358 6639
      Tait Electronics Fax : (64)(3) 359 4632
      New Zealand
    • J. B. Rainsberger
      Message 165 of 165 , Apr 25, 2008
        On Mar 28, 2008, at 23:54 , Dale Emery wrote:
        > What specific answers did you take particular notice of? What
        > meaning do
        > you make of those answers? What meaning do you make of your /noticing/
        > those answers?

        I was struck by the "more than $1.05, I lose; less than $1.05, you
        lose; $1.05 and it's boring" answer, because it's the only one I saw
        that implied a goal of mutual satisfaction, whereas I was only
        concerned with my return on investment.

        I'm not sure what it means to have noticed that answer, except that it
        reminds me to think about both sides of a transaction, and not just one.
        ----
        Your guide to software craftsmanship
        2005 Gordon Pask Award for contributions to Agile Software Practice