Re: [XP] Re: refactoring

    Message 1 of 324 , Mar 1, 2008
      Hello, aacockburn. On Saturday, March 1, 2008, at 6:30:29 PM, you
      wrote:

      >> I agree one might want things structured differently. But perhaps I
      >> don't understand what you mean by "major refactoring"? Do you mean
      >> "a lot of incremental changes to get where you want to be"? Then I
      >> agree, you might want that.

      > That's exactly what I mean. Thanks.

      Yes. I'd suggest coming up with a new term. "Major refactoring" in
      common use seems to mean a long time with everything broken.

      Find the simple path to what works and follow it,
      always looking for a simpler path. -- Patrick D. Smith
      Message 324 of 324 , Apr 6, 2008
        Hello, arioch022000. On Sunday, April 6, 2008, at 4:08:38 PM, you
        wrote:

        > Regardless, I think the folk at scrum half far more in common with
        > the folk who advocate XP, especially when compared to what I see
        > going on in many IT shops today.

        Yes. I think it's unfortunate that so many person-years have been
        wasted touting brand A over brand B. Might have made a difference.
        Maybe.

        Show me the features!