Re: [XP] Re: [XP] What about QA?

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2008
      Hello, simon. On Thursday, January 31, 2008, at 11:36:00 AM, you
      wrote:

      > A very neat idea came up recently

      Very neat indeed ...

      > Suggested approach is.

      > Increase the level of unit testing (by developers).. i.e. mitigate number of
      > defects coming through.

      Almost always a good idea ...

      > Dedicate, for a period of time, some developers to sole business of automating
      > acceptance tests (regression) and building a good framework for the QA function
      > the work with.

      Will usually pay off ...

      > Refocus the internal QA on developing tests/specifications for new changes and
      > functionality (thus gradually building up the regression pack)

      Usually good if QA skills are up to it ...

      > Each night use an outsource agency (who happen to be on a different timezone) to
      > run through manual regression thus freeing up valuable internal resources.

      This is nifty ... and the only part that will actually cost more,
      for most shops.

      > Of course this will take time, but gradually it will gain momentum. Your
      > organisation may also not have the funds... but perhaps an option.

      Very neat idea indeed!

      I must create a system, or be enslaved by another man's;
      I will not reason and compare; my business is to create. --William Blake