Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

Re: [XP] Re: why do test rigs have so many assertions?

Expand Messages
  • Gary Brown
    Hi, Ken, ... From: Ken Mccormack To: Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2008 5:39 PM Subject: Re: [XP]
    Message 1 of 23 , Jan 27, 2008
      Hi, Ken,

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Ken Mccormack" <kenmccormack@...>
      To: <extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2008 5:39 PM
      Subject: Re: [XP] Re: why do test rigs have so many assertions?


      > Hi GB
      >
      >>>covers everything that could possibly break<<
      > Sadly, my manual tests usually only cover "65% of everything that
      > could possibly break" (on a good day) : ) Why shouldn't a tool like
      > PEX fill the 30% gap? Given the law of diminishing returns and the
      > 80-20 rule etc etc

      If you know that your "manual" tests (I really hope you mean your TDD tests)
      only cover 65%, what have you learned about the other 35%? What have you
      done to improve your skills to reduce the deficeit? How will the PEX tests
      help you to clearly reveal your intent?

      GB.
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.