Should We Measure Individual Velocity?

  • Michael Dubakov
    Message 1 of 342 , Dec 26, 2007
      http://www.targetprocess.com/blog/2007/12/should-you-measure-individual-velocity.html

      What do you think about individual velocity metric in iteration? Like
      John did 4 points in last iteration (or pair did 4 points, does not
      matter).
      Message 342 of 342 , Feb 16, 2008
        Hello, Ilja. On Saturday, February 16, 2008, at 6:23:42 PM, you
        wrote:

        > I expect this to increase our velocity in the middle run. And I'm all
        > for measuring it.

        > I doubt we would have even tried this event if we had focused on
        > improving velocity.

        > How does that sound to you?

        Well, it sounds like it would take a pretty narrow set of ideas on
        how to improve velocity. In a discussion on that, I would hope that
        ideas like learning, better tools, higher morale, and better
        communication would come up.

        Anyone can make the simple complicated.
        Creativity is making the complicated simple. -- Charles Mingus