Re: [XP] Books for the agile customer

  • J. B. Rainsberger
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 25, 2007
      On Dec 23, 2007, at 18:08 , Pat Maddox wrote:

      > My mother works at a company that builds specialized software, and
      > she's the domain expert on her project. She's told me that she would
      > like to better understand what the developers do, her role as
      > customer/domain expert, and the interactions between them.
      > What are one or two good books for her to read? I thought that
      > Explaining XP would be good, because although it discusses technical
      > practices, it does so with the intention of grounding the reader in
      > XP's principles and values. There's not any code.

      Even if she didn't read it, Rick Mugridge and Ward Cunningham's "Fit
      for Developing Software" is specifically aimed at both camps: half the
      book is for programmers and the other half is for customers. It
      provides some examples of how the two types of folks interact.
      ----
      Your guide to software craftsmanship