[ANN:] XPSD Meeting - Thursday, December 6th @ 6:00PM

  • Clarke, June
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5 8:32 PM
      At this month's Extreme Programming San Diego (XPSD) meeting, Susan
      Elliott Sim will give us some insight into the user story research she
      and her group have been conducting at the University of California,
      Irvine.

      "Spinning a Good Yarn: Recent Research on User Stories at UCI"

      For the last few months, our research group has been working on a number
      of projects involving User Stories. We have talked to a number of XP
      practitioners, and it's time for us to present our work-in-progress and
      obtain feedback from a wider audience. This talk will introduce our
      group and describe three research projects. The first one is Project
      STITCH, an Eclipse plug-in to support requirements traceability and
      program comprehension by linking user stories with source code. The
      second project is a study that compares user stories as described in the
      literature with user stories in practice. The final project examines the
      role of storytelling and narrative structure in user stories.

      Susan Elliott Sim is an Assistant Professor in the Department of
      Informatics at the University of California, Irvine. She is currently
      involved in studying comprehension expertise, agile software
      requirements, and methods for evaluating software tools. She has
      conducted field studies at several software companies, including IBM,
      and Mitel.

      The meeting will be held at SAIC on Campus Point Dr. (
      http://xpsd.org/SAICDirections ) from 6-7:30 PM on Thursday December
      6th. Please RSVP to joonspoon@... so that we can have a badge
      ready for you. If you are not a U.S. citizen, bring your passport with
      you to the meeting.

      http://xpsd.org
      http://www.ics.uci.edu/~ses