Re: Fit part 2

  • heusserm
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2007
      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Wheeler" wrote:
      > I think the confusion was around the statement that said 'FIT
      > should never be used for regression testing'. Seemed to me that
      > the writer of those statements used a different definition
      > of regression testing than the majority of those responding.

      hmm. I think the original statement was "FIT is bad for regression
      testing", and the author clearly meant GUI regression testing.

      Whenever I hear "You should never do X", my mind retranslates that
      into "In my experience, the benefits of X have always been outweighed
      by the costs or risks, and I can not imagine a case where this is not
      true."

      Then I ask myself: "I wonder how good this guy's imagination is?"

      --heusser
      xndev.blogspot.com