RE: [XP] "The bibles of our industry" JavaWorld Article (Was: Re: FYI)

  • rmyers@cysive.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 9, 2000
      Jim,

      I'd recommend John Vlissides' _Pattern Hatching_ as a companion to the GoF
      Design Patterns book. He begins the book by recommending that you read one
      before the other (I can't even recall which order he suggested), but I've
      heard him rescind that comment. They tend to work well together, and the
      GoF book is more of a reference book. (I.e., I found it difficult to read
      without actually having a problem to solve.)

      Rob