Re: [XP] Re: Software *is* fundamentally different to other diciplines

  • Kelly Anderson
    Message 1 of 95 , Nov 12, 2007
      On Nov 8, 2007 6:16 PM, John Roth <JohnRoth1@...> wrote:
      > I had to look a ways to get the message you were replying to.
      > It turns out to be from July 8th, which gets you the Necromancer
      > award:
      >
      > http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warriorshtm/necromancer.htm
      >
      > See my comment below.
      >
      > John Roth

      As I understand the scientific method... you form a hypothesis, create
      an experiment that would support or refute said hypothesis, and
      iterate.

      Build a pyramid according to Hypothesis I (The second cousin twice
      removed of Ramses II) ... pyramid falls down... form Hypothesis II,
      (Tutankhamen's great uncle) build another pyramid. Pyramid stays up
      for 4500 years. Seems kind of distantly related to the scientific
      method... ;-)

      Computer programmers generally build software pretty much like the
      Egyptians built pyramids. One block at a time with only the chief
      architect knowing where it's all really going. Oh, and we don't use
      the wheel much either. ;-)

      -Kelly
    • Kelly Anderson
      Message 95 of 95 , Nov 12, 2007