RE: [XP] Public offense requires public apology

  • Charlie Poole
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 10, 2007
      Hi Geoff,

      > I was asked to share any real experiences since talking about
      > other's perceptions was not what some wanted.

      I think you should feel free to limit the topic of a thread you
      start to what you want to discuss. That said, it seems to have
      turned out that the "perceptions" you described others holding
      also had some relevance in your own experience.

      I've had problems in the past when I attempted to talk about
      issues that affect me personally in an abstract manner, without
      acknowledging my owm personal stake. Mainly, the problem is
      that I can't maintain an abstract, objective demeanor. It
      turns out to work better for me if I own up to my own stake
      in the issues right at the start. It's possible this might
      work for you.

      Regarding the details of your experience, I make no bones
      about saying that it sounds to me like one of the many
      variations of Pseudo-Agile, Fake Agile or Phony Agile.

      Whenever there is a person or a group telling people to
      do something in a certain way, rather than explaining
      principles, stating goals and supporting them in defining
      team practices that meet those goals, we are not agile.

      I such shops, whatever they call it, Agile has left the building.

      Charlie