Re: [XP] Need guidance

  • Phlip
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 28, 2007
      kumbhkaran_21 wrote:

      >...So,I thought that it would be a
      > good idea,if each developer has a copy of database on his
      > machine.But,others have objection to that-since if anyone makes
      > changes on local db,it needs to be replicated on all
      > machines.Also,there might be a scenario,where someone is working
      > against a table,and if changes to it are applied it might break some
      > code.How to manage in this scenario?

      Study how "Ruby on Rails" does it.

      If I were you, I would just "borrow" their migration package. But only I'd
      know how to do that. You should just learn from it.

      The goal is anyone can write a little file that updates the database, even
      when it contains live data. This way, when you deploy, you can change live
      customer data as you go.

      --
      Phlip