Re: [XP] OOPSLA, Anyone?

  • Ron Crocker
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2000
      Being a past tutorials chair at OOPSLA (1985, things have changed I'm
      sure), the best way to do this is to get to the room early. There are
      often extra seats available, and the student volunteers are coached to
      try to sell those seats to willing participants. The procedure that I
      used was to have the student volunteers give you a ticket. You took the
      ticket to the registration desk, pay your money, they give you the
      notes, then you go back to the room with your notes and the students let
      you in.

      I recommend that you send an email to this year's tutorials chair (it's
      Laura Hill, mailto:tutorials@...) to find out what procedure
      she's planning on using.

      Ron