Re: Syntax checker before commit

  • julescov
    Message 1 of 49 , Oct 17, 2007
      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Micron Engineering
      <micronpn@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      > I hope my story is almost ending.
      > Today the decision taken was:
      > 1. the 2 "rebel" engineers will start tomorrow to "correct" their source
      > code to the rules. To do this 1 engineer will write a tool as simple as
      > possible to "parse and transform" the source code, the other a tool to
      > block commits to the repository as described in my initial post to the
      > list. They analyze the problem and propose a solution that will require
      > not more then a week, (also technically it is a good solution) so could
      > be very good. These tool also may be useful in the future.

      Excellent news. Just a thought that may be of benefit to them: the
      eclipse IDE's C++ development tools support rename method/variable
      refactorings. If they're familiar with Java, it may be reasonably
      easy for them to extract the source code for this feature and apply it
      to their own problem.
    • julescov
      Message 49 of 49 , Oct 17, 2007