Agile Planning/Rails Training in Washington DC, November 1-4

  • Bob Payne
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2007
      Agile Planning/Rails Training in Washington DC, November 1-4

      Ever wanted an Agile Planning/Development class with a real customer.
      Interested in learning Rails Development working from real examples
      on a real Open Source project.

      Real Training
      Real Projects
      Real Impact
      ... Get Real!

      -------- THE LAB ---------

      Code Green Labs (http://codegreenlabs.com) is offering Agile Planning/
      Rails Lab in Washington DC, November, 1-4, 2007.
      This lab will be held on the campus of Georgetown University and is
      hosted by the Center for New Designs in Learning and
      Scholarship.

      During this lab we will work directly with Segundo Velasquez from
      Mano a Mano to define the first release of their Donor
      Information and Online Donation application. Mano a Mano will use
      this application to communicate the status of their
      many ongoing projects to donors and potential donors. This
      application will be released as an Open Source project to help
      other not for profits achieve their goals. The mission of Mano a
      Mano Medical Resources is to create partnerships with
      impoverished Bolivian communities that improve health and increase
      economic well-being. Mano a Mano has been guided
      by the simple yet powerful premise that groups of committed
      volunteers can reach across national boundaries to make a
      dramatic difference in the lives of others.

      Segundo gave and interview and talk at Agile2007 and that interview
      can be found here.

      http://agiletoolkit.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=255315

      -------- SCHEDULE AND COST ---------

      November 1 - Agile Planning Lab
      - Envisioning, Story Writing, Estimation, Release Planning,
      Customer Test Definintion
      November 2-4 - Agile Rails Lab
      - Agile Software Development Practices and Rails Development
      Attend both Labs and save $300
      Users Group members get an additional 15% off by using the discount
      code: codegreendc

      Visit http://codegreenlabs.com for more information

      -------- WHO SHOULD ATTEND ---------

      Since software teams are made up of many different disciplines we
      welcome the participation of anyone interested in learning Agile
      Software Delivery including:

      - Developers
      - Testers
      - Analysts
      - Managers
      - Apprentice Agile Coaches

      -------- CODE GREEN LABS ---------

      We are dedicated to creating a unique training experience that uses
      real projects with real deliverables. Labs work on projects that make
      a difference in the world, benefiting organizations that are working
      to improve the environment, human rights, social justice, health and
      economic development. By marrying the efforts of dedicated
      professionals learning Agile Development techniques with not for
      profit and research communities that need high quality software, we
      hope to be a small part of a positive change. Each training class
      will work on a specific software project for a specific cause.

      For more information contact me.
      Bob Payne
      Host AgileToolkit Podcast
      202-903-6854