[ANN]Special Oklahoma APLN Meeting Tonight (Sept. 10)

  • t.mangham
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10, 2007
      We will be holding a special APLN meeting on Monday night, September
      10th from 6:00 - 7:30 PM at the University of Phoenix - OKC (room
      103W).

      Michele is visiting Oklahoma City teaching a Certified ScrumMaster
      class. We are pleased to announce that she is giving a special
      presentation on "Agile in the Waterfall Enterprise". I'll post the
      flyer soon. In the meantime, I've attached more information about
      Michele below.

      Abstract: In large organizations, it's simply not practical to just
      "flip a switch" and have your IT department start doing agile all at
      once. In these situations, agile pilot teams and non-agile
      teams/departments find themselves having to figure out how to work
      together during the transition. Attendees will learn about the
      hurdles they'll have to overcome, and how management can begin the
      investigative work of determining how to streamline traditional
      process requirements and activities so that they don't hamper
      the project. Along with the common hurdles, Michele will also leave
      you with ten tips for success as you begin your agile transition.
    • Matt Heusser
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 11, 2007
        > Has anyone started an "advanced" agile discussion group? If not do
        > you think there would be any energy for such a group.

        I have a software process discussion group, SW-IMPROVE:

        The participants in the group offer a broad and deep understanding of
        software development, and we get advanced pretty quick. Because the members
        of the group understand the dynamics of software development so well, and
        have a (mostly) commercial software orientation, we tend to prefer solutions
        in the agile "space", and we don't put up with bogosity.

        You might like it; it is relatively low volume.

        Regards,

        --
        Matthew Heusser,
        Blog: http://xndev.blogspot.com

        "Who cares if you followed the instructions if it doesn't work when you're
        done?" - Scott Barber's Dad