Re: [XP] Coding Standards

  • Phlip
    Message 1 of 247 , Sep 2, 2007
      Rob Park wrote:

      > Does anyone have any preferences/arguments/documentation/examples for
      > spacing/formatting in complex TSQL queries/stored procedures?

      O'Reilly's "ant book" for Oracle SQL*Plus has some super-cute
      recommendations for normal select statements. In a monospace font...

      select * from Frogs
      where species_id = 42
      and habitat_id = 92011
      order by latin_name;

      That puts a vertical blank gutter down the 7th column, with operators on its
      left and operands on the right.

      --
      Phlip
      http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596510657/
      Message 247 of 247 , Sep 14, 2007
        Phlip wrote:

        > J. B. Rainsberger wrote:
        >
        > > Still, I'd like to know why you'd rather generate HTML in the controller
        > > rather than in the view.
        >
        > It was the Model!

        Got it.

        > Maybe it was because that's where the text input caret was when I
        > thought of
        > the HTML...

        So this was just a "simplest thing" decision? OK.
        Your guide to software craftsmanship