BayAPLN Sept. 11th Meeting: Enterprise Agile Software Development in an On-Demand World

  • drc@outformations.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2007
      Please RSVP for the next BayAPLN Meeting!
      Enterprise Agile Software Development
      in an On-Demand World

      September 11th - 6:30pm - 9:30pm
      Location: Microsoft Offices, One Market Street, San Francisco

      RSVP: RSVP AT bayapln.org

      TOPIC: Salesforce.com has recently completed an agile transformation of a
      two hundred person team within a three month window. This is one of the
      largest and fastest ?big-bang? agile rollouts. This talk discusses why we
      chose to move to an agile process, how we accomplished the transformation
      and how we are applying agile software development at scale.

      We will also cover effective release planning, automation and test focused
      development and tools for driving communication across your organization.
      IMPORTANT: Please indicate if you would like food at the meeting.
      Sandwich, drink, cookie and chips for $7. We will buy the food and get it
      delivered. You pay for it on arrival and eat it! The last few meetings we
      have ordered more food than required. So we're changing the model - we
      will only be ordering food for those folks who indicate that they WANT it
      and we'll be collecting the $7 for it at the door. If you can't make the
      meeting and you've ordered food please let us know. Thanks.

      Chris Fry Bio
      Chris Fry is a Senior Director at Salesforce.com responsible for platform
      software development. He specializes in Software as a Service and creating
      and leading agile teams. He is the author of JSR-173 (Streaming API for
      XML) and has led the implementation and deployment of massively scalable
      Web Services at Salesforce.com and BEA. He received his Ph. D. in
      Cognitive Science from UCSD and was a post-doctoral fellow at UC Berkeley.

      Steve Greene Bio
      Steve Greene is the Director of Tools & Process at Salesforce.com and is
      responsible for the implementation and evolution of agile methodologies
      and supporting tools for the Technology organization. He has held
      numerous senior management positions at On-demand startup and large
      enterprise software companies including DigitalThink, Hyperion,
      PeopleSoft/Oracle, SPC and AOL. He brings a wealth of expertise and
      experience in productivity, process and product delivery. He holds a BS
      in Computer Engineering from San Jose State University.

      You can keep up to date at our website: http://www.bayapln.org
      Or by joining the BayAPLN Yahoo Group -
      http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/BayAPLN/

      --David Chilcott
      drc@...
      www.outformations.com
      510.655.7122 Voice

      Keep Breathing. Tell the Truth. Be Fearless. Choose Love. Embrace the
      Mystery.

    • drc@outformations.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2007
        Sorry to spam you again. The BayAPLN email server was down from Sept 1st
        through today. If you sent in your RSVP between then and now we did not
        receive it. Please resend it
        to RSVP: RSVP AT bayapln.org

        I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.