Re: [XP] Coding Standards

  • Phlip
    Message 1 of 247 , Sep 1, 2007
      Jeffrey Fredrick wrote:

      > Was your first commit message "no code changes. pretty printed to not
      > be so terrible to read" ? :)

      Such "first piece of somebody else's code" typically come with team and boss
      pressure to don't "change anything you don't need to because you might break
      it!"

      --
      Phlip
      http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596510657/
      Message 247 of 247 , Sep 14, 2007
        Phlip wrote:

        > J. B. Rainsberger wrote:
        >
        > > Still, I'd like to know why you'd rather generate HTML in the controller
        > > rather than in the view.
        >
        > It was the Model!

        Got it.

        > Maybe it was because that's where the text input caret was when I
        > thought of
        > the HTML...

        So this was just a "simplest thing" decision? OK.
        Your guide to software craftsmanship