Re: [XP] Coding Standards

  • julescov
    Message 1 of 247 , Sep 1, 2007
      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Tim Ottinger
      <linux_tim@...> wrote:

      > BTW: My biggest peeve (after meaningful names, one-effect per line,
      dropping gratuitous vertical whitespace, and obviating comments) is
      that the indent is perceptible. One-space and two-space indents make
      me very uncomfortable. I suspect they're to make deep indenting more
      palatable, a goal I loathe. I like to see three or four space
      indents. I've considered moving all my code to five or six spaces,
      so that indenting more than one or two levels becomes nearly
      intolerable. :-)

      The first piece of "somebody else's code" I ever had to maintain was a
      C program that was formatted with one space per indent, no vertical
      whitespace, and was (IIRC) about 1,000 lines long with only 2 or 3
      functions.

      That was an experience.
    • J. B. Rainsberger
      Message 247 of 247 , Sep 14, 2007
        Phlip wrote:

        > J. B. Rainsberger wrote:
        >
        > > Still, I'd like to know why you'd rather generate HTML in the controller
        > > rather than in the view.
        >
        > It was the Model!

        Got it.

        > Maybe it was because that's where the text input caret was when I
        > thought of
        > the HTML...

        So this was just a "simplest thing" decision? OK.
        Your guide to software craftsmanship