Re: [XP] Technical Stories

    Message 1 of 29 , Aug 28, 2007
      Hello, James. On Monday, August 27, 2007, at 11:58:04 AM, you
      wrote:

      > I'd like to hear how others have tackled eliminating technical stories
      > that seem purely technical.

      Mostly I do it using stubbornness ...

      > Further, how have you convinced your
      > fellow developers that technical stories should be avoided at all
      > costs?

      It might be interesting to observe some or all of:

      1. How accurately tech vs value stories meet estimates;
      2. Relative size of stories ==> cost.
      3. Extent to which they make customers happy.

      The main reason that testing at the end of a development cycle finds
      problems is not that problems were put in near the end, it is that
      testing was put off until then.