Winning friends... (Re: [XP] Re: Unit Testing Question [ some explanations & a better example])

  • gregbalajewicz
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 28 6:02 AM
      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "Dale Emery" <dale@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Joe, Greg,
      >
      > > It took me a long time to learn how
      > > to argue forcefully but fairly. I still screw up plenty
      > > and anger people
      > > for no good reason, but I'm always trying.
      >
      > Yes, I think it's possible to be both passionate and
      > reasonable at the same time. It isn't always easy.
      >
      > And in any case, passion does not justify disrespect.

      You are of course correct, it does not. But, i did not realize that i
      was being disrespectful at the time ( re-reading your messages before
      posting is a excellent way to avoid this but it takes time... you
      have no time, you take short cuts and you screw up...)

      also, my comment about being passionate was not supposed to excuse my
      words but to explaint that i said what i said out of a heat of the
      debate rather then malace (actually, there was probably very little
      heat more like frustration on my part that I could not reply properly
      to everyone ).