Re: [XP] Lean Software Development and XP

  • J. B. Rainsberger
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 2, 2007
      Chris Wheeler wrote:

      > As I said, while I found it interesting, I also found that when I finished
      > reading the book, I could not see many differences between LeanSD and
      > XP/Scrum. In fact, to me, it appears that LeanSD is a theoretical support
      > for agile methods and not necessarily a software development methodology.

      Indeed so. When I read the first Poppendiecks' book on the subject, that
      was the precise impression I got: this was the theoretical basis for
      agile software development. When I read Concept to Cash (or
      "Poppendiecks' 2: The Re-Leaning"), it felt very much the same.

      <snip />
      > So, after all that rambling, I've a question: Some on this list have said
      > that they practice lean software development and I'm curious to hear what it
      > is that you do in your practices that make you believe that you do practice
      > LeanSD.

      Hm. I don't claim to "do Lean", but I mostly use Lean and agile as
      synonyms, rightly or wrongly.

      Take care.
      Your guide to software craftsmanship