Reminder: Next Agile Philly Meeting August 7th at Comcast

  • Christopher K. Joiner, Jr.
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2007
      FYI:

      The next Agile Philly meeting will be presented by Comcast. The meeting
      starts at 6:30PM on *Tuesday, August 7th* and directions and location of the
      event is still being determined. When I know more details on this, I will
      let you know.

      The meeting is open to all. If you want to attend, *please RSVP via email*to
      AgilePhillyCoordinators@yahoogroups.com. Please include your name and
      organization.

      More details:

      http://wiki.agilephilly.com/index.php?title=Agile_Adoption

      If you have any questions or comments regarding the meeting, location, or
      anything else, either email AgilePhillyCoordinators@yahoogroups.com or
      feel free to call toll free 1-888-AGILEPHILLY (1-888-244-5374).

      Summary of the topic:

      Agile Adoption at Comcast Interactive Media � The Top 10 Things We Did Wrong
      (and lived to tell about)

      Comcast Interactive Media (CIM) is a new division of Comcast focused on the
      digital distribution of media and rich-media websites. Our video-centric
      properties include the comcast.net ( www.comcast.net) portal for Comcast
      high-speed data subscribers, the Ziddio user-generated video site
      (www.ziddio.com
      ) and the Game Invasion gaming site (www.gameinvasion.net). While
      developing these and other soon to be released web sites, we have spent the
      last year moving our software development teams to an agile methodology.
      While the transition is nowhere near complete, we'll discuss the good, the
      bad, and (of course) the ugly of that transition. At CIM, we've adopted a
      new motto when it comes to agile -- "you can do just about anything for 30
      days" -- and we have put it to good use experimenting with all sorts of
      permutations on traditional agile principles and most importantly having the
      courage to change those things that aren't working at the end of an
      iteration. We don't pretend to have all the answers (we don't) but we are
      hoping to host an interactive session and share our lessons learned and
      perhaps learn a few new lessons ourselves.

      --
      .Chris.

      Christopher K. Joiner, Jr.
      Senior Agile Software Developer