Re: [XP] Your favorite teaching tricks?

  • J. B. Rainsberger
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 30, 2007
      William Pietri wrote:

      > I realized later that this was one of my favorite tricks for getting
      > people to test. And it provides an easy way forward for them, as often
      > all they have to do is take their scratch code, chuck it in a test, and
      > add a few asserts.

      I have one to help customers describe customer tests. If they seem not
      to want to do it, or have trouble, then when they ask me to build the
      feature, I immediately say "Done!"

      They look puzzled. "You are not."

      "Sure I am. Done!"

      "You haven't done anything!"

      "How do you know?"

      The next thing out of their mouth is usually something we can easily
      turn into a customer test.

      Granted, this is a good trick only if you have a good personal
      relationship with the personal acting as customer.

      ----

      Also, I like Ron's way to get customers to prioritize stories. :)
      Your guide to software craftsmanship