Re: [XP] FIT and ColdFusion - even possible? Automated Integration Testing Help!

  • John Roth
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 20, 2007
      From: "Nicholas Cancelliere" <nicholas@...>
      To: <extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Friday, July 20, 2007 11:43 AM
      Subject: [XP] FIT and ColdFusion - even possible? Automated Integration
      Testing Help!

      > I'm trying to help a ColdFusion team get better integrated with
      > automated testing. They're using VersionOne and the president of the
      > company wants to integrate SVN and test results into the
      > application. The team is already using SVN as a source repository
      > (so that's not a big deal). They are not using FIT though.
      >
      > V1 supports FIT testing integration. Then when a test for a story is
      > failing it shows up as a little red flag in the application. My only
      > problem is their choice of programming language! If this was Ruby,
      > Java, or something like that I'd think it'd be relatively straight
      > forward. ColdFusion though - I have no clue if it's even possible.
      >
      > Has anyone had experience with something like this and could point me
      > in the right direction?

      > Nicholas
      >
      > ps. I realize this isn't necessarily XP process specific in
      > context ... but it is in the sense that I'm trying to get automated
      > integration testing and reporting going! ;-) Any help is
      > appreciated. (I'm not sure what other groups to cross post this to -
      > so even that is helpful if you know of any)

      FitNesse or TDD. This isn't specifically a FitNesse issue,
      but most Fit users hang out there.

      Also check fit.c2.com and www.fitnesse.org to see if there's a
      ColdFusion runner available anywhere. I kind of doubt it, but
      hey, anything's possible. If you think you need to write one, the
      FIT developers hang out on either the FitNesse Yahoo mailing
      list, or the fitlist mailing list.

      John Roth
      Python FIT