Economics of XP

  • acockburn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2000
      >From: Phil Goodwin <phil.goodwin@...>
      <<I've actually done things that I knew would disqualify me for large bonuses
      because I knew that they would make the project go better (and they worked
      too). It was uncomfortable but I don't think I would have been able to
      force my self to act otherwise except out of pretty extreme financial
      desperation. I doubt very much that I am alone.>>

      Phil, I'll ask you, not to put you under the limelight too much, but because
      I'm trying to learn about these issues.... why did you do those things? Why
      did you care enough to do them even if they might reduce the bonus?
      Anyone else who has done this can also answer.
      thanks, cheers,

      Alistair