Re: [XP] Help to find organizations using Agile and "Formal" methods

  • Phlip
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 6, 2007
      Célio Santana wrote:

      > I´m really need to know now some organizations that works with agile and
      > formal practices in 3 cases:

      > 1 - Use one of these methodologyes but uses some practices of the other OR
      > 2 - They Used one of these Methodologies and Change to Another
      > 3 - Work with both Methodologyes but in diferente process/projects

      > Formal pratices don´t resume to CMMI, but only one of it PA or Some
      > ISO, PMBOK or some method that the "Software Engeneering" calls of Formal
      > methods...

      For the details that are important to us, XP is _more_ formal than Brand X.
      For example, Brand X typically does not require a unit test for every line
      of code.

      Per a recent thread here, XP is completely compatible with CMMI (which is a
      rating, not a methodology), and the PMBOK lists XP these days. I don't know
      about ISO...

      Try comparing XP to the culture around Design by Contract and "formal
      proofs". You will find incredible, violent agreement on many details, under
      different names!

      Your first step should be to locate (or create) your nearest Users Group.
      Some Brazilianos on this group will be ready to help!

      --
      Phlip
      http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/9780596510657/