CMMI doesn't suck

  • Phlip
    Message 1 of 57 , Jun 28, 2007
      Extremists:

      I need help recalling two anecdotes. They are Google-proof.

      One of them is teams relabeling their XP practices before CMM
      certification. (Pre-CMMI.) The goal was to ensure their actual results
      were inspected and respected. They knew the auditor would
      automatically fail them, without checking their results, if she or he
      discovered they used "that XP nonsense".

      The other anecdote is how a CMM thought leader got on stage at a CMM
      convention and declared XP completely supported CMM. That matches my
      own research - full XP compliance achieves full CMM compliance for
      each KPA that only involves one software project.

      Cites? Experiences?

      --
      Phlip
    • John Roth
      Message 57 of 57 , Jul 6 6:42 AM
        In fact, that's exactly the advice we got at Atlanta SPIN
        from an appraiser who does those presentations. I don't
        remember the guy's name, however he's the one who
        starts his presentations with "The two greatest lies in the
        Navy". (Assuming that's not a common story).

        John Roth