Re: [XP] Comparing XP with other methodologies

  • Kelly Anderson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 27, 2007
      On 6/27/07, Naser Asadi <nasadi@...> wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I want to know comparrision of xp with other methodologies like waterfall and RUP:
      >
      > 1- when xp easily work and those method not
      > 2- when xp is best suits and when other methods best suits
      > 3- when is better to use other methodologies
      > 4- personal experiences on changing method from waterfall and RUP to XP and vice versa
      >
      > Please help me with your comments.

      Naser, please in your studies don't forget the most popular
      methodology, the Big Ball of Mud. As Allistair Cockburn stated,
      "People trump process. Politics trump people." and with good people,
      properly motivated with a minimum of politics, you can succeed without
      any methodology. It is likely that you will be more successful with a
      methodology, but the evidence Allistair has gathered would seem to
      indicate that it's not all that vital, at least in the short term.

      -Kelly
      San Francisco would still be a shanty town if it weren't for earthquakes.