RE: [XP] Code Reviews [was: Isolation and Mocks]

  • Gary Brown
    Message 1 of 184 , Jun 1 1:40 PM
      Quoting "Desilets, Alain" <alain.desilets@...>:

      >> How many out there do code reviews (of some form) regularly?
      >
      > I never do them. I figure pair programming and collective ownership
      > provide plenty of oppurtunity for impromptu code reviews.

      Interesting, since in your context, you don't pair much and the three
      of you work on your own projects most of the time. But then, it's
      only research for stuff that won't be needed for ten years or so.
      C'est la vie ...

      GB.
    • Steve Freeman
      Message 184 of 184 , Jun 28 6:13 AM
        On 25 Jun 2007, at 10:40, Paul Campbell wrote:
        > --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, Steve Freeman
        > <smgfreeman@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> The issue for me is the intent I'm trying to express.
        >>
        >> I set expectations (a.k.a. mock) where I want to assert something
        >> about the behaviour. I stub where I just want the test to get through
        >> the code to the interesting stuff.
        >
        > I get that distinction and it seems a useful one BUT I still dont like
        > the terminology. It would make more sense to me to categorise the type
        > of test being done rather than the type of object being used as the
        > "double" or whatever.

        Now I'm lost. I have a test that exercises a feature. Inside that
        test, some things are there for infrastructure and some things are
        there because they show that the feature works. What would different
        types of test look like?

        S.

        Steve Freeman
        http://www.mockobjects.com