Re: [XP] Programmer resistance to "successful" technologies/processes/frameworks

    Message 1 of 529 , May 1, 2007
      Hello, Manuel. On Tuesday, May 1, 2007, at 11:13:35 AM, you wrote:

      > Do you have any advice on how to stop people complaining
      > and to start acting? Do you think it's possible?

      To help the people stop complaining and act, stop complaining and
      act.

      Don't confuse more exact with better. -- Brian Marick
    • Murali Krishna Devarakonda
      Message 529 of 529 , May 6, 2007
        --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly Anderson"
        <kellycoinguy@...> wrote:

        > On 4/29/07, Murali Krishna Devarakonda <muralikd@...> wrote:
        > > Over the last two decades, I've seen resistance to practically every
        > > "successful" technology-framework-process-whatever first-hand.
        >
        > > Yet, to simplify , why do programmers "zealously" resist change-
        > > particularly in those cases where we can now say with hindsight that
        > > it was for the better, i.e. "successful"?
        >
        > Just because something is eventually successful, does not necessarily
        > mean that early adoption means early success. In fact, you could
        > probably make an effective argument against early adoption of
        > development tools/methodologies. Look how much has been learned by the
        > bleeding edgers, and use what has been proven to work is a reasonably
        > successful way to go for many endeavors.
        >
        > -Kelly

        You are right, of course. But my list was only intended to illustrate
        and discuss the idea - not to discuss the list itself. I really wanted
        to focus on "successes" and discuss what goes on in the minds of
        programmers who resist the *idea* behind the product that eventually
        becomes a "success".

        I'm going to post my thoughts on this in another thread.