Re: [XP] Re: Theologists and missionaries

  • Paolo Bizzarri
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30 10:45 PM
      On 4/30/07, dnicolet99 <dnicolet@...> wrote:

      > --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "Paolo Bizzarri"
      > <pibizza@...> wrote:
      > >

      > > Missionaries, on the other way, are people that are interested in
      > > verifying, in practice, what they have learned in theory; and they
      > can
      > > accept to review their theory in face of the reality. They
      > understand
      > > the nature of their theory by seeing at the reality.
      > >
      > > What do you think? Sound correct, interesting or silly?
      > >
      > > Ciao
      > >
      > > Paolo
      > >

      > What about people who are interested in verifying, in theory, what
      > they have learned in practice? IMO that's more in line with
      > agilists' experiences.
      >
      > Dave

      Well, I believe it is part of cyclic process. You start from practice,
      you learn a series of problems, you try to find a general framework
      that solves your problems, than you use some formal way to study your
      framework and (possibly) deduce some interesting property, than you go
      back to the code and programming in order to see if what you have
      deduced make senses and it is useful in practice.

      Ciao

      Paolo