Re: [XP] Completing Work and Velocity

  • D. AndrĂ© Dhondt
    Message 1 of 21 , Apr 29 7:42 AM
      >The only way I can get more than two hours a day of head's down
      >programming done is to stay late after everyone else leaves... most of >my
      time is spent helping other people, gathering information about what is
      desired

      Do you think collective code ownership and pairing would reduce your
      workload, or at least give you credit for the times you're 'helping other
      people'? I've tried several things, from not signing up for cards to having
      'quiet time' where no one interrupts me. I found that the most effective
      way to get 'my' work done is to focus instead on the "team's work" and make
      sure that anyone on the team has the information they need to be able to
      move any card. It took over 6 months for this transition, but now I can go
      on vacation without getting a phone call :)