Re: [XP] UI Changes and communication to QA

  • dnicolet99
    Message 1 of 77 , Apr 1, 2007
      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Gordon"
      <sgordonphd@...> wrote:

      > Where I have seen seemingly insurmountable problems with Windows
      Forms are
      > the use of opaque 3rd party GUI widgets. If you can convince the
      team to
      > consider testability an absolute requirement when deciding on 3rd party
      > widgets, that helps a great deal.

      I thought it was a rule of thumb to test our own code, and not to test
      "framework" or "plumbing" code. Third-party widgets are to be tested
      by the third party that writes them. No?
    • dnicolet99
      Message 77 of 77 , Apr 4, 2007
        --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "Kelly Anderson"
        <kellycoinguy@...> wrote:

        > TDD is valuable, but at some point it can just become zealotry or
        > religion. Diminishing returns have to be acknowledged to maintain
        > efficiency.
        >
        > -Kelly

        Isn't it unfortunate that it is necessary to say that at all? So many
        people forget that everything has a context.

        Dave