Team Warping....

  • John Carter
    Message 1 of 47 , Mar 29, 2007
      Heard of Team Building? Try Team Warping....

      Warp their weft by banning all usage of certain carefully selected,
      commonly occurring but Bad Names...

      Force'em to donate a dollar to the beerfund for every use of the
      banned word of the day.

      eg. Generic, Data, Common, System, Interface,....

      John Carter Phone : (64)(3) 358 6639
      Tait Electronics Fax : (64)(3) 359 4632
      New Zealand
    • Chris Wheeler
      Message 47 of 47 , Apr 12, 2007

        > It was my impression (not particularly well-supported by any text)
        > that THE TEAM had gotten together and decided to implement the
        > Money Jar rule because THE TEAM had identified vague terms as
        > detrimental to THE TEAM's work.

        That may have been so, but at the bottom of it, I read that it was one
        person using certain patterns of speech, and the rest of the team decided
        they'd 'help' that person stop being so annoying/condescending/whatever by
        instituting a form of peer pressure.

        If the team steamrollered those objections, or sensitives had a
        > reasonable aversion to bringing them up, then you have a problem
        > with the way decisions are made and rules are instituted. Fix that.

        My experience being what it is, it seems to me that the 'sensitives' that
        would object to such pressure are the same 'sensitives' that wouldn't speak
        up, and if that is known ahead of time, then perhaps Money Jar policies are
        better displaced with 'I'll adapt to the way John says things'.

        Chris.