Who is in the EU?

  • Hugo Garcia
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 5 12:09 PM
      Hi

      Okay, seem like not many of you are in Spain... so...

      Who is in the EU?

      -H
    • Punkey Funky
      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 5 12:20 PM
        <raises hand>
        Milton Keynes, UK.
        http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Milton+Keynes,+MK12+5FE&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=15&ll=52.061436,-0.815434&spn=0.011741,0.054245&om=1&iwloc=addr

        Aside from my day job at MegaCorp[1], I provide tools and support to my
        best friend who runs a mobile games dev firm; he used to deal with a
        publisher in Germany & France, with other contacts in Switzerland.
        Pretty European, I thought ;)

        -L

        [1] A very, *very*, large US bank, where me being in the UK in the
        exception to the rule (it's a NY/NJ centric firm); for them, 'global'
        tends to encapsulate anything between California and New York ;)

        Hugo Garcia wrote:
        > Hi
        >
        > Okay, seem like not many of you are in Spain... so...
        >
        > Who is in the EU?
        >
        > -H

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • William Pietri
        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 5 12:48 PM
          Hugo Garcia wrote:
          > Hi
          >
          > Okay, seem like not many of you are in Spain... so...
          >
          > Who is in the EU?

          There are probably better places to find this out than a mailing list of
          thousands of people. For example:

          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union#Member_states

          Thanks,

          William

          --
          William Pietri - william@... - +1-415-643-1024
          Agile consulting, coaching, and development: http://www.scissor.com/
          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 5 12:51 PM
            Italy ?

            Ciao

            Paolo

            On 05 Mar 2007 12:14:42 -0800, Hugo Garcia <hugo.a.garcia@...> wrote:

            > Hi
            >
            > Okay, seem like not many of you are in Spain... so...
            >
            > Who is in the EU?
            >
            > -H

          • Ola Ellnestam
            Message 5 of 24 , Mar 5 12:59 PM
              Sweden!

              Cheers,
              Ola

              Hugo Garcia wrote:

              > Hi
              >
              > Okay, seem like not many of you are in Spain... so...
              >
              > Who is in the EU?
              >
              > -H

              Ola Ellnestam
              Agical AB
              Västerlånggatan 79, 2 tr
              111 29 Stockholm, SWEDEN

              Mobile: +46-708-754000
              E-mail: ola.ellnestam@...
            • David H.
              Message 6 of 24 , Mar 5 1:01 PM

                > Hugo Garcia wrote:
                > > Hi
                > >
                > > Okay, seem like not many of you are in Spain... so...
                > >
                > > Who is in the EU?
                > >

                > There are probably better places to find this out than a mailing list of
                > thousands of people. For example:
                >
                > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union#Member_states

                William, he is asking who of us on this list is living in the EU, not
                about the EU member states.

                -d

                benefit and harm." - Sun Tzu
              • Phlip
                Message 7 of 24 , Mar 5 1:06 PM
                  David H. wrote:

                  > > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union#Member_states
                  > >
                  > William, he is asking who of us on this list is living in the EU, not
                  > about the EU member states.

                  You Turkey.

                  --
                  Phlip
                  http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?ZeekLand <-- NOT a blog!!
                  Message 8 of 24 , Mar 5 1:10 PM
                    There is a pretty large European XP community... probably they won't all
                    answer here, in order to avoid taking up too much bandwidth. :-)

                    Charlie

                    PS: I'm in the US, but sometimes in Europe

                  • Hugo Garcia
                    Message 9 of 24 , Mar 5 1:20 PM
                      thanks, i will do some googling

                      -H

                      On 3/5/07, Charlie Poole <xp@...> wrote:
                      > There is a pretty large European XP community... probably they won't all
                      > answer here, in order to avoid taking up too much bandwidth. :-)
                      >
                      > Charlie
                      >
                      > PS: I'm in the US, but sometimes in Europe

                    • William Pietri
                      Message 10 of 24 , Mar 5 1:30 PM
                        David H. wrote:
                        >> Hugo Garcia wrote:
                        >> > Hi
                        >> >
                        >> > Okay, seem like not many of you are in Spain... so...
                        >> >
                        >> > Who is in the EU?
                        >> >

                        >> There are probably better places to find this out than a mailing list of
                        >> thousands of people. For example:
                        >>
                        >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union#Member_states
                        >>

                        > William, he is asking who of us on this list is living in the EU, not
                        > about the EU member states.

                        Oops! Sorry, Hugo! Please pardon my misreading of your email. My mistake!

                        And thanks, David, for catching it so quickly.

                        Best,

                        William

                        --
                        William Pietri - william@... - +1-415-643-1024
                        Agile consulting, coaching, and development: http://www.scissor.com/
                        Can you see the future? Prove it at http://www.longbets.org/
                      • Laurent Bossavit
                        Message 11 of 24 , Mar 5 2:49 PM
                          > Who is in the EU?

                          Speaking up for the Frenchie community... We're having our second XP
                          Day conference this year; mostly in French, we'd certainly love to
                          have any Spanish agilistas in attendance.

                          Laurent Bossavit
                          laurent@...
                        • Micron Engineering
                          Message 12 of 24 , Mar 5 3:36 PM
                            Hugo Garcia ha scritto:

                            > Hi
                            >
                            > Okay, seem like not many of you are in Spain... so...
                            >
                            > Who is in the EU?

                            I am italian, nice to meet you.

                            > -H

                          • gigi_olaru
                            Message 13 of 24 , Mar 6 12:41 AM
                              Romania is in EU since the beginning of 2007, so "Salut din Romania"
                              (Hi from Romania! )!!!

                              --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "Hugo Garcia"
                              <hugo.a.garcia@...> wrote:

                              > Hi
                              >
                              > Okay, seem like not many of you are in Spain... so...
                              >
                              > Who is in the EU?
                              >
                              > -H

                            • Manuel Klimek
                              Message 14 of 24 , Mar 6 4:28 AM
                                Germany

                                Cheers,
                                Manuel

                                --
                                http://klimek.box4.net

                                Message 15 of 24 , Mar 6 4:35 AM
                                  England!

                                  Cheers,
                                  Davin

                                  On 06 Mar 2007 04:29:15 -0800, Manuel Klimek <klimek@...> wrote:

                                  > Germany
                                  >
                                  > Cheers,
                                  > Manuel
                                  >
                                  > On 05 Mar 2007 12:14:42 -0800, Hugo Garcia <hugo.a.garcia@...<hugo.a.garcia%40gmail.com>>
                                  > wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Hi
                                  > >
                                  > > Okay, seem like not many of you are in Spain... so...
                                  > >
                                  > > Who is in the EU?
                                  > >
                                  > > -H
                                  > >

                                  > --
                                  > http://klimek.box4.net

                                • Hugo Garcia
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Mar 6 6:23 AM
                                    Nice response and thank you everyone.

                                    Do you have regional XP or Agile email lists, websites, etc? I am
                                    still googling but any help would be appreciated.

                                    thanks

                                    -H
                                  • Geir Sigurdur Jonsson
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Mar 6 7:58 AM
                                      Iceland ...

                                      /geir

                                      On 06 Mar 2007 07:14:37 -0800, Davin Tryon <davintryon@...> wrote:

                                      > England!
                                      >
                                      > Cheers,
                                      > Davin
                                      >
                                      > On 06 Mar 2007 04:29:15 -0800, Manuel Klimek <klimek@...<klimek%40box4.net>>
                                      > wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > Germany
                                      > >
                                      > > Cheers,
                                      > > Manuel
                                      > >
                                      > > On 05 Mar 2007 12:14:42 -0800, Hugo Garcia <hugo.a.garcia@...<hugo.a.garcia%40gmail.com>
                                      > <hugo.a.garcia%40gmail.com>>
                                      > > wrote:
                                      > > >
                                      > > > Hi
                                      > > >
                                      > > > Okay, seem like not many of you are in Spain... so...
                                      > > >
                                      > > > Who is in the EU?
                                      > > >
                                      > > > -H
                                      > > >

                                      > > --
                                      > > http://klimek.box4.net

                                    • Ilias Bartolini
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Mar 6 12:46 PM
                                        On Tuesday 06 March 2007, Hugo Garcia wrote:
                                        > Nice response and thank you everyone.
                                        >
                                        > Do you have regional XP or Agile email lists, websites, etc? I am
                                        > still googling but any help would be appreciated.

                                        I speak only about Italy.... where I'm from

                                        there are a couple of national groups:
                                        * http://www.agilemovement.it/

                                        and also some smaller local groups:

                                        Ilias Bartolini
                                        --
                                        /**
                                        * Reply to: ilias.bartolini(at)gmail.com

                                      • Seyit Caglar Abbasoglu
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Mar 6 2:28 PM

                                          > You Turkey.

                                          ???

                                        • William Pietri
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Mar 6 3:17 PM
                                            Since this results from my goof, I'll take this one.

                                            Seyit Caglar Abbasoglu wrote:
                                            >> You Turkey.
                                            >>

                                            > ???

                                            Hi, Seyit. "Turkey" is a word with several meanings in English, and
                                            Phlip was making a pun based on them. You can see the full definition here:

                                            http://www.answers.com/turkey&r=67

                                            I made a foolish error, misinterpreting Hugo Garcia's very reasonable
                                            question about who is in the EU. Responding to my foolishness, Phlip
                                            called me a turkey, "a person considered inept". The pun also refers to
                                            Turkey's approaching membership in the EU.

                                            Just to be clear, calling someone a "turkey" in English is a reference
                                            to the bird, not the country. Domesticated turkeys are notorious for
                                            their lack of smarts.

                                            Best regards,

                                            William

                                            Message 21 of 24 , Mar 6 3:36 PM
                                              Thx Mr Pietri.

                                              Message 22 of 24 , Mar 6 6:39 PM
                                                Hi William,

                                                > Since this results from my goof, I'll take this one.
                                                <snip/>

                                                Nicely done.

                                                Charlie
                                              • Psychie Naill
                                                Message 23 of 24 , Mar 7 3:49 AM
                                                  Ireland here

                                                  Cheers,

                                                  Psychie

                                                • Chris Dollin
                                                  Message 24 of 24 , Mar 7 7:28 AM
                                                    On Tuesday 06 March 2007 15:14, Davin Tryon wrote:
                                                    > England!

                                                    Me too.

                                                    --
                                                    Chris "not prognosticating" Dollin
                                                    "Who are you? What do you want?" /Babylon 5/