Tips on estimating the upgrading of the exiting web-based system

  • Nam Dao Xuan Thien
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2007
      Dear ALL,

      My client is upgrading their web-based application to expand their business
      online.

      The customer send me main documents below:

      1. Executive Summary
      2. Features and Functionality Spreadsheet
      3. Functional Requirements Example
      4. Storyboard Example
      5. Preliminary Site Map

      After, the customer said to me that the new application will based on the
      open source which offers a majority of
      the features the new application needs already built into the software. And
      their estimate is that 80%+ of the
      required features are available out of the box with little to no
      customization. They also said that they do not
      anticipate major customization currently.

      Now, i am reading the Features and Functionality Spreadsheet and i found
      that they are new features compared with
      the existing system. In this document, the customer only writes the summary
      of each feature and provide Functional
      Requirements Example + Functional Requirements Example . So i think that my
      estimate can not be risk.

      Can someone can tell mw how to do estimate in this case?

      I have some extension experiences in estimating based on UCP.

      Thank you and best regards,

      Nam