Re: [XP] The nature of executive "pushback" to agile technologies?

  • estherschindler
    Message 1 of 119 , Mar 1 6:08 AM
      --- In extremeprogramming@yahoogroups.com, "Doug South"
      <Doug.South@...> wrote:
      > > So, let's play the "get in the CIO's head" game. How would the
      CIO describe this issue...

      > The easy short answer would be, it depends on the CIO or more
      > specifically the person that is the CIO. To be honest, I'm not sure
      > what value I can add to you enquiries here. I'm not a CIO and don't
      > really know specifically what motivates someone in that position,
      > although I am a human being (like everyone else).

      I'm not a CIO either. Nor am I, anymore, a software developer. But I
      do try to empathize! <warm smile>

      You've already helped me quite a bit. No apology necessary.

      Esther
    • Steve Ropa
      Message 119 of 119 , Mar 6 1:25 PM
        Oh, darn. I was just thinking I should create a rule that automatically
        deletes anything that comes in! So close! Oh well.

        Sorting your email as it comes in is an excellent way to triage what is
        important, what can wait, and what just doesn't matter.

        One approach I learned as a stockbroker (albeit with paper instead of email)
        is to automatically sort everything that comes in into its proper folder if
        it has one. Anything left in the inbox can wait until you have taken care
        of all of the sorted mail. Then, once a month, just wholesale delete
        everything in the main inbox. If it wasn't categorizable (not a real word),
        and you hadn't already acted on it, it couldn't have been important anyway.

        Anyway, I can tell that I currently have enough slack, because I can spend
        time arguing the merits of an empty inbox..

        _____