Re: [XP] Validate estimate

  • Walter Prins
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 26, 2007
      My hesitant thoughts about this:

      How can you actually truly verify it (the estimation ), other than by
      actually doing the project (or some part of it) and finding out you were
      right? To my simplistic thinking, the best you can do (other than
      actually doing it) is to make another guess/estimate, using a different
      method , to check if your original estimate seems resonable by
      comparison. But, that's not exactly verifying that's truly correct as
      both your estimates may be wrong for any number of reasons. So, to my
      mind, short of having a crystal ball, there's really no way to reliably
      predict any future, never mind the total time a software project will

      Regards

      Walter