Re: [XP] XP Tools for C++ and Eclipse

  • David Bogus
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 5, 2007
      Chiming in late....

      One of the things that I find most helpful with eclipse under Linux for c++
      development is ruby and rake. Rake is the ruby build library/tool. I found
      it very helpful, especially when working on multiple platforms. One just
      needs to be careful that eclipse external tools launch config is getting the
      environment/path that you expect.

      Depending on what you want to do writing your own plugins achievable for a
      reasonable amount of effort. Doing some single file text manipulation isn't
      very time consuming. I'm currently considering writing a cscope plugin for
      eclipse. However its unlikely to happen until I'm back in c day to day.

      On 1/15/07, Psychie Naill <psychieslash@...> wrote:

      > Hi Fernando,
      >
      > Thanks very much for the advice and link. Very helpful. Much appreciated
      > :-)
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Sonic

      Dave's Definitions: Morning, is after I've slept for more than four hours.
      Lunch is the second meal of the day no matter the hour of consumption. A
      long drive is one longer then you have last slept. Ineffable, if you don't
      understand I couldn't possibly explain it.