RE: [XP] Developer Objectives

  • Charlie Poole
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 24, 2007
      Hi Jon,

      I take it that "Developer Objectives" means that you are asked to
      write objectives for each individual on your team. If I got that
      wrong, this may not make sense.

      If your team has internalized the agile approach, then you should
      be able to sit down and do it together, identifying ways in which
      the team would like to improve and how individuals can help with
      that. In addition, individuals will probably volunteer objectives
      they want to accomplish themselves.

      This can require some sensitivity in your approach, but I think
      it's doable with a team that has been working together for a while.
      I'd never try it with an unfamiliar group, or a collection of
      cubicle dwellers who don't collaborate already.

      Charlie